Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bewildered #23?-May the Lord be with you?


Have you heard prayers  in this way :

'May the  the Lord be with you wherever you go; May the Lord be with you when you go to the interview'…..and so forth.

This is old covenant mentality.

Let us see what these verses say : 
   
Hebrews 13: 5……. “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.

Jn 14:18 : No, I will not abandon you as orphans--I will come to you.

Colossians 2: 8-10 : 8 Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers[a] of this world, rather than from Christ. 9 For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.[b] 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.

Won’t it be better to pray in this way, for example? : 

'Thank you Lord that I am going to have a very good interview for you are with me as you promised that you will not abandon me as orphan nor forsake me. I  thank you also that the fullness of God dwells in Christ and that I am in Christ, I lack nothing as I am now complete; I do not have to fear for you are the perfect love in me that cast out all fear...........'

This prayer is from a New Covenant mentality of thanks and a faith response to His promises. This prayer is an acknowledgement that we are complete in Him as receipients of His finished work. Christ is always in us. Rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment