Sunday, January 1, 2012

Revelation knowledge that transforms me forever

I realise that it is not the bible study that will transform me…in fact, it can even puff me up with head knowledge if I rely on my intellectual prowess. [Please note I am not against bible study].

However, a revelation knowledge will change me forever,…this is when the God factor comes in …the power of the Holy Spirit that reveals who God is to us.

I have also discovered that it is counterproductive to share the gospel of grace with someone who is bent towards anti grace.  To me, anti-grace is akin to anti-gospel as the gospel is about the grace of God which we sinful mankind  desperately need.   I believe what  we need is the revelation touch of the Lord.

When we get a revelation from God, fresh and exciting things start to roll into place effortlessly....it breaks the status quo.  A good example is the revelation that God gave to Peter.

Acts 10 (NLT)

9 The next day as Cornelius’s messengers were nearing the town, Peter went up on the flat roof to pray. It was about noon, 10 and he was hungry. But while a meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw the sky open, and something like a large sheet was let down by its four corners. 12 In the sheet were all sorts of animals, reptiles, and birds. 13 Then a voice said to him, “Get up, Peter; kill and eat them.”
 14 “No, Lord,” Peter declared. “I have never eaten anything that our Jewish laws have declared impure and unclean.[b]”
 15 But the voice spoke again: “Do not call something unclean if God has made it clean.” 16 The same vision was repeated three times. Then the sheet was suddenly pulled up to heaven.
17 Peter was very perplexed. What could the vision mean? Just then the men sent by Cornelius found Simon’s house. Standing outside the gate, 18 they asked if a man named Simon Peter was staying there….........
28 Peter told them, “You know it is against our laws for a Jewish man to enter a Gentile home like this or to associate with you. But God has shown me that I should no longer think of anyone as impure or unclean. 29 So I came without objection as soon as I was sent for. Now tell me why you sent for me.”

Peter was entrenched in the Jewish laws and all this while, Peter knew that he was forbidden by the law to eat anything impure and unclean. By his own strength, Peter was unable to see that there was something new in the horizon that God wanted for his life. Peter needed a revelation. Verse 28 indicated that Peter caught the revelation "  But God has shown me that I should no longer think of anyone as impure or unclean." 
From then onwards, the status quo was broken and Peter was able to venture to share the gospel to the gentiles. This also indicated that repentance [changing of mindset from unbelief to belief; turning around and move in the opposite direction] had occurred for Peter, as a result from that revelation knowledge.
.
You may be strongly  entrenched in the law, just like Peter,  or in the mixture  or balance of law + grace which is so commonly held in many churches today, and.......you are holding dearly to the belief that the preaching of grace is unclean that causes Christians to sin more,  I pray that a revelation from God will propel you to see beyond what you see now so that  the fresh things of God can start pouring out of your life to others   

God did the same to Saul, a murderer, a Pharisee of Pharisees who held dearly to the law, but through the Damascus encounter with God, Saul became Paul, the preacher of the grace gospel.  You can be the next candidate.  Rejoice


No comments:

Post a Comment