Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It is finished. Are you sure?

A few months ago, I had a contractor come  to repair a crack on our bedroom wall.  I had an interesting conversation with him. I told him that it was good to be a boss instead of being stuffed around by someone else.

Instead of replying "yes" to me, he gave me a blank stare and said, “ I am a bad boss. I work by myself and I cannot have anyone working under me”. 

I asked him “why”.  He said,” I used to employ a few guys to work under me but I could never trust their work.  Everytime, when they had finished their work and had gone home, I would come around secretly to check.  As usual, I ended up redoing what they had  already done as I was never satisfied with their standard of work.”

When he uttered those words, this thought suddenly dawned upon me  : When Jesus said “It is finished”, it means it is finished. Only trust Him and don’t try to finish again the work He has already finished.  His work is already perfect and you cannot perfect it any more”.

Rejoice

No comments:

Post a Comment