Monday, February 7, 2011

Confessions of a faking christian.

If you look at the lives of the royal families or celebrities, we think they are all happy, glamorous and wonderful. But I do have pity for them as they cannot live an ordinary life freely like we do, such as walking casually down a fish market or shopping in a flea market, riding on a rollercoaster and so on...... I wonder, how many times they have to fake in public in what they do and speak inorder to appease the people and popular opinion of the day. Not only that, they have to account for the watchful prying eyes of the papparazi and the gossip magazines.

I think I am  living not far away from the lifestyle of the royalties or celebrities too. I do fake in my Christian walk in order to be pleasing to the prying eyes of the religious police. Sounds atrocious isn’t it? Probably I can sell my story to the juicy gossip magazines : The self confessed lying Christian!.

Before you start hurling stones at me, let me aggravate your anger further by taking you on a long and weary journey with this graphical display and some “mathematical” equations and theorem, so that you can impact me with the full force of your fury!.



The figure above shows a relationship between the degree of faking and degree of fear of man; they look similar to the supply and demands plots found in economic textbooks?? :). Faking also moves to a higher faking captivity level from graph A to B when we have lower level of revelation knowledge of God. Also, the degree of faking reduces with increasing revelation knowledge. So :

Equation 1 : Degree of faking = degree of fear of man

Equation 2 : Level of captivity into faking and degree of faking are inversely related to the degree of revelation knowledge of God.

Hosea 4:6 My people are being destroyed because they don’t know me……

Isaiah 5:13
13 So my people will go into exile far away because they do not know me…….


The origin (where the y and x axes meet) refers to zero degree of fear of man and zero degree of faking. This can only be attained when we have full revelation knowledge of Him and knowing who we are in Christ (the benefits of knowing Him). Zero fear means also we know His perfect love for us :

1John 4:18
18 Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.

Hence,
Equation 3: Zero degree of fear of man = function of (Perfect love casts our all fear).

The fear of man is also related to the rate of public approval, hence a function of the public obligations or expectations that we have to attain in order to get approval. I do remember in my school days that the fear of my teacher is related to how prepared I am ready to answer correctly the questions the teacher hurled at me. So, the same goes for Christians – if a good Christian is measured by how well he keeps the rules and regulations, then the fear of falling short and being ridiculed or despised by religious “good” Christians  with superiority complex becomes daunting. Fear of man  is indeed related to potential punishment inflicted by man!

Let me clarify even further the latter paragraph I wrote... let me explain that in the days of Jesus on earth, the Pharisees (who thought they have kept the law) were always spying on Jesus and pouncing on Him when He "broke" the law, such as, healing on the Sabbath or rubbing grains in between their hands to eat during the Sabbath. Those who thought they fulfill all the laws (obligations) have a tendency to be judgemental and have a superiority complex and hence, a tendency to spy, to judge and to look down on those who don’t, and that is the fear of religious people I am talking about. Jesus, however, did not fear the Pharisees because He is the Perfect love ( refer equation 3).

Hence,
Equation 4: Degree of fear of man = function of (obligations or rules and regulations or religious standards that were set or expected).

Now, I am going to  give you my juicy confession of  how I am a faking Christian.

According to Equation (1), degree of faking = degree of fear of man .As a Christian, I do have a degree of fear of religious man to be honest, because I am still on a journey to fully relish and enjoy the perfect love of the Lord, for perfect love casts out all fear. Hence, I do have a degree of faking in front of religious people.

Before you throw stones at me, hang on further :

Given :
Equation 1 : Degree of faking = degree of fear of man

Equation 4: Degree of fear of man = function of (obligations or rules and regulations or religious standards that were set or expected).

From equations (1) +(4) implies:

Degree of faking = function of (obligations or rules and regulations or religious standards that were set or expected) – Equation 5

If I can remove the rules and expectations set within the brackets in equation 5, then the degree of fear faking also tends to zero. How do I do it?. Sounds atrocious again.

Before you throw stones at me, hang on still further :

So the mathematical problem is :
Given Equation 5: Degree of faking = function of (obligations or rules and religious regulations or standards that were set or expected). How to reduce RHS (Right hand side) =0?

Solution :
Given the following equation:
Equation 5: Degree of faking = function of (obligations or rules and religious regulations or standards that were set or expected).

In order to reduce the RHS (right hand side) =0, I need the help of God’s axioms:

According to Equation 2 : Level of captivity into faking and degree of faking are inversely related to the degree of revelation knowledge of God.

The revelation knowledge is this:

Colossians 2:20-23
20 You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the spiritual powers of this world. So why do you keep on following the rules of the world, such as, 21 “Don’t handle! Don’t taste! Don’t touch!”? 22 Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them. 23 These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, pious self-denial, and severe bodily discipline. But they provide no help in conquering a person’s evil desires.

Romans 3:19
Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God.

Romans 6:14
 14 Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace

Galatians 3:24-25
24 Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. 25 And now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the law as our guardian.

Galatians 3:10-12
10 But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, “Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God’s Book of the Law.”[d] 11 So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”[e] 12 This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, “It is through obeying the law that a person has life.

Also I need equation (3) which in fact is related to the revelation knowledge of God.
Equation 3 ; Zero degree of fear of man = function of (Perfect love casts our all fear).

As Equation 1 is  Degree of faking = degree of fear of man
Equation 3: Zero degree of fear of man = function of (Perfect love casts our all fear).

Put (3) in (1) gives degree of Faking =0  , dependent on how your revelation of His Perfect Love.

The good news is :
We are not under rules or regulations; we can’t meet those requirements as we can’t, just like the Pharisees can’t. If we can’t then there is the danger of going under the curse (Gal 3:10-12). Thank God that in Jesus, He met those rules and regulations, He took the curses of the law so that I can be free and His Perfect Love casts out all fear.  I can be free from faking. I am no longer under the prying eyes of the religious, but an apple of God’s eyes.

The bad news is:
I will continue faking if I am under rules and regulations (see Equation 5), and without having the revelation knowledge of Him

Wait!. Hang on a bit more before you throw stones at me:

I hope you still love me.  I have also now learned not to fake anymore as the Perfect Love is in me and I am redeemed from the curses of the Law.

1John 4:19
19 We love each other[b] because he loved us first.


Rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment