Friday, October 29, 2010

Bewildered #15?- floating sins?

Micah 7:19

Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean!

Psalms 103:12
He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.

If I am one of those christians who are incurably sin conscious (depicted by my prayer life of constantly bringing into remembrance my past sins when God has already forgiven me once and for all) then there are two pieces of bad news I have to confront:

A. I falsely claim that I am able to make my sins float. The truth of the matter is our sins are already forgotten and lost in the ocean floor, never to rise or float again.

B. I falsely claim that I am able to reach the intersection point of east and west to find my sins deposited there by God. The truth of the matter is that our sins are removed at infinite distance away from us so that we can't even reach them.

There is overwhelming joy and peace once we are able to embrace the truth that we have been ransomed and forgiven of all his sins once and for all by the blood of Jesus. God chooses to forget our sins, why we do we choose to remember?

The only thing to do is to believe and obey what God says of our sins and response with rejoicing, giving thanks and praise to God for what He has done for us.

Rejoice

No comments:

Post a Comment