Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bewildered #7? Slave or friendship mentality ?

John 15:15

This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. 13 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. 16 You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

Jesus love for us, far greater than any other love we can find on earth, is to die for our sin so that we are delivered from being a slave to sin. He did this because He chose us to be His friend from the very beginning of creation; we did not do the choosing as we were born alienated from Him in the very beginning.

As His friend, He confides in us with His Spirit and tells us everything that Father God told Him. Aren't we priviledged? If we have the slave mentality, then we miss out as God doesn't confide in slaves.

Because of His great love for us, we can extend that love to others.

Rejoice, we are friends of Jesus; we are no longer slaves.